I just received a G7 LED flood light and it’s so impressive, I had to write about it immediately. This may very well be the LED bulb for recessed lights that we’ve all been waiting for – it’s that good!
What makes it so good?
- 1000 Lumens bright. The Cree CR6 that I’ve reviewed here puts out 575 Lumens and it’s big brother the CR6-800 has 800 Lumens. It’s brighter than a typical 60 Watt incandescent lamp. They claim that it’s a replacement for a 100 Watt bulb.
- Dimmable down to almost no output. This is the first LED that I’ve seen dim to this low brightness. My reference, the Cree CR6 is good, but this is great!
- Fits in a standard 6″ or larger recessed light fixture.
- It’s reasonably priced – currently (October 2012) priced at $26.95. 10% off and free shipping with coupon code G7G7G7.
- The CRI (color accuracy) is 81, about the same as a good compact fluorescent light. My reference Cree CR6 has a CRI of 90+
- Heavy! This isn’t a problem for typical recessed lights, but you might be surprised by just how massive this bulb is. You could not use this in a goose-neck lamp.
- That’s about it so far!
I haven’t done a lot of tests yet with the light so I can’t comment on durability or long term usage. But based on my initial tests, this is a “WOW” product!
Check them out at G7Power.com. And remember to use coupon code G7G7G7 for your discount.